Our next training will be held on Wednesday 16th (9:30am-4.30pm) & Thursday 17th (9:30am-12:30pm) August 2017.
Our training runs over a day and a half, and is open to all statutory and voluntary staff, community workers, and interested individuals.
* The definitions of domestic abuse in Scotland
* How domestic abuse affects women and their families from Black / Minority Ethnic (BME) communities
* How domestic abuse affects BME children and young people
* The varying understanding of the concept of ‘Honour’ and how this impacts on BME community members experiencing domestic abuse
* Forced marriage and connected issues
* Immigration issues such as women with ‘No Recourse to Public Funds’ status
* Structures and policies existing in Scotland & UK
Price: £35 per person, to be paid by invoice (please provide invoicing information for yourself or your organisation when booking).
Places can be booked through EventBrite only: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/domestic-abuse-and-bme-women-children-and-young-people-tickets-35505486867