Awareness-raising training (1.5 days) for any practitioner or interested individual.
27th (9:30am – 4:30pm) & 28th (9:30am – 12:30pm) September 2018.
• The definitions of domestic abuse in Scotland
• How domestic abuse affects women and their families from Black / Minority Ethnic (BME) communities
• How domestic abuse affects BME children and young people
• The varying understanding of the concept of ‘Honour’ and how this impacts on BME community members experiencing domestic abuse
• Forced marriage and connected issues
• Immigration issues such as women with ‘No Recourse to Public Funds’ status
• Structures and policies existing in Scotland & UK
We look forward to welcoming you.