28th (9:30am – 4:30pm) & 29th (9:30am -12:30pm) November 2019.
Awareness-raising training (1.5 days) about Domestic Abuse affecting BME Women, Children and Young People for any practitioner or interested individual .
- How domestic abuse affects BME children and young people
- The varying understanding of the concept of ‘Honour’ and how this impacts on BME community members experiencing domestic abuse
- Harmful practices-Forced marriage & FGM
- Immigration issues such as women with ‘No Recourse to Public Funds’ status
- Structures and policies existing in Scotland and the UK
Free to book; attendance cost is £35.