Spouse/partner visa

If you are in the UK on a spouse /partner visa and are experiencing domestic abuse, there is help for you. If your spouse/partner visa has expired you may still be able to get help.

If your spouse/partner was a British national or had Indefinite Leave to Remain when you came to the UK, you may be able to apply for Leave to Remain as a victim of domestic abuse. You may also be able to get housing and money through the Destitution Domestic Violence Concession.

This does not apply to women experiencing domestic abuse who are in the UK on any other type of visa or have no visa.

The UK Government website tells you how to apply for settlement (also called ‘indefinite leave to remain’) in the UK. To link to that part of the site click here.

Apply to settle in the UK.